Dr.Balpreet Singh Sohi
Dr. Sohi obtained his license to practice optometry in North Carolina in 2003. He graduated from the University of Virginia in 1998 with a bachelor's degree in biology. In 2003 he graduated from the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in Philadelphia with his Doctor of Optometry degree.
He completed his clinical training in 2003 at the Eye Institute in Philadelphia, Crozer-Chester Hospital in Chester, PA and Hahnemann Hospital, Department of Opthalmology in Philadelphia. Under the tutelage of nationally recognized specialists, he obtained training in the fields of Glaucoma, Retinal Disease, Neuro-Opthalmology, and Pediatric Eye Care. Dr. Sohi acquired additional training as an intern in a multi-specialty Opthalmology practice in Philadelphia for three years. During his training there, he participated in clinical trials for glaucoma treatment.
Upon the completion of his training, he joined the Opthalmology referral center of Raleigh, NC as a staff doctor tending to LASIK and cataract surgery patients as well as performing consults for referring physicians from REX emergency room and other area physicians.
He is currently accepting new patients in Raleigh, NC, providing comprehensive medical eye exams as well as glaucoma, diabetic, and ocular disease care.
Paul D. HayesOD
In practice since 1978, the Raleigh, N.C. resident received a Doctor of Optometry from the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in 1978, a B.S. in Optometry in 1976 and a B.S. in Zoology from North Carolina State University in 1974. He received his North Carolina Optometric license in September 1978. He is also a graduate of Sanderson High School in 1970.
He is a member of the American Optometric Association, is a charter member of the Section on Contact Lenses of the A.O.A, was recipient of the Clinical Excellence Award in 1978 from the Pennsylvania College of Optometry, has conducted clinical research and FDA investigative research on contact lens development and contact lens solutions, and has lectured throughout the country on contact lenses and contact lens practice management.
For the past 39 years, Dr. Hayes has become noted for advanced primary optometric patient care, medical management of ocular disease, and is well known as a contact lens specialist with an emphasis on fitting complex diseased and damaged corneas.
- Founder / CEO / Optometrist
- Contact Lens Institute, Optometry, P.A - Raleigh, NC
March 1994 to September 2017
Advanced primary optometric care, medical management of ocular disease, contact lens specialty practice, and research. Partner retired in 2015 - sold 23-year practice September 2017
- Co-Founder / Optometrist
Eye Care Associates - Raleigh, NC
January 1978 to November 1993
- A primary optometric patient care, medical management of ocular disease, contact lens specialty practice. With a partner, developed a 12-practice optometric corporation from 1978 to 1993. Sold Eye Care Associates to partner in 1993 to pursue ocular medicine, specialty contact lenses and research.
- Conducted clinical research and FDA investigative research on contact lens development and contact lens solutions
- Co-founded optometric think-tank Practice Management Associates (PMA) in 1988 for practices grossing over one million dollars.
- Adjunct professor of Optometry for the University of Missouri-St. Louis School of Optometry 2006 - 2016.
- Adjunct professor of optometry for Pennsylvania College of Optometry from 1980 to 1993.
- Recipient of Clinical Excellence Award in 1978 from the Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- Member of the Philadelphia Interdisciplinary Health and Education Program (PHIHEP) 1977
- Member of Student Optometric Service to Haiti (SOSH), 1978
Active members of Christ Baptist Church in Raleigh, Dr. Hayes and his wife, Kathy have enjoyed travel, sailing, snorkeling and scuba diving as well as snow skiing; especially when they are accompanied by their four boys, two daughters-in-law, and a grandson.