Dry eyes not only make you uncomfortable but also pose serious threats to your vision. At Sohi Eye Care in Raleigh, NC, we offer mild and chronic dry eye treatment. We have advanced eye examination equipment that helps us make precise and faster diagnoses. An optometrist in Raleigh from our team is experienced in treating dry eye and other eye conditions.
Causes Of Dry Eye
Common causes of dry eye may include:
- Diseases such as thyroid disease, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis
- Staying in a windy, smoky, or dry environment
- Using a computer screen for long hours
- Using contacts for a long time
- Undergoing some eye surgeries
- Use in certain medications
- Natural aging
Dry Eye Symptoms
Common dry eye symptoms may include:
- Burning or stinging feeling in the eye
- Difficulties opening your eyes for long
- Double vision
- Feeling like you have foreign objects in the eye
- Red eyes
- Light sensitivity
- Feeling pain when wearing contacts
- Blurred vision
Dry Eye Treatment
When you go to an optometrist on our team for dry eye symptoms, they conduct an examination and ask questions about your symptoms and medical history.
An optometrist on our team will come up with the best method according to the cause of dry eye and its severity. One of the most common treatment options is the use of artificial tears drops. Surgery is also an effective treatment method, especially if a person has severe dry eye.
Chronic dry eye can cause various complications, such as eye infection, corneal surface damage, and eye inflammation. Mild dry eye may not result in complications, especially when properly managed. That’s why it’s crucial to seek treatment if you have dry eye symptoms.
How to Prevent Dry Eye
You can prevent dry eye by practicing the following:
- Add moisture into the indoor air by using a humidifier
- Wear protective eyewear such as sunglasses to block dry air and wind from getting into your eyes
- Take breaks when doing tasks such as reading and using a computer
- Avoid directing fans and other sources of dry air into your eyes
Visit Sohi Eye Care in Raleigh, NC, for Dry Eye Treatment
If you have mild or severe dry eye symptoms, visit us at Sohi Eye Care in Raleigh, NC, for examination and treatment. We will provide you with the best treatment method according to the cause and severity of the condition. Our goal is to provide you with timely vision problems solutions so you can live your life normally. Call us at (919) 872-1648 to book an appointment with an optometrist in Raleigh from our team.